Tuesday, May 5, 2009

At Yellowstone


Well, we are at Yellowstone and you cannot believe all the snow still here. Last year the last big snowstorm was June 15 so that is something to look forward to. I completed my training at Mammoth on Sunday and am now in the Old Faithful area. Mary Ann is still training at Mammoth and will complete her training on Sunday and then come to the Old Faithful area. I will be working the front desk at the Old Faithful Inn which opens Friday, May 8 and Mary Ann will be working the front desk at the Old Faithful Lodge which opens Friday, May 15. Our room this year is very nice. We got 2 Twin beds which we put together to make a king which is a lot bigger than the double bed we had last year. We have 18 people working at the Old Faithful Inn and most of them are 50+ as opposed to last year when we had a lot of young kids and everyone but 3 of us are new. I got promoted to Senior Guest Service Agent which is like the shift supervisor which means I get to deal with unhappy guests. It was fun when I arrived at Old Faithful as I got to see alot of friends from last year. I am sure it is going to be a great season and we are going to do a lot of hiking. The only bad thing so far is our room is so far from the dayroom(location of the internet connection) that I cannot get the internet in my room but i just come and sit in the dayroom and so far the connection has been good. As you can see from the picture, I think Mary Ann had a little too much time on her hand. The first week of my training, Mary Ann only worked a few hours. I think she got bored.

No comments: