Saturday, May 3, 2008

Still Traveling and a Day of Rest

We drove from Shawnee, OK on Thursday and had an easy day. We stopped in Jackson, TN at 5:30 in the evening. We had a wonderful meal and just enough beer to celebrate my first official day of retirement. The restaurant was called Logan's Roadhouse and was very similar to Texas Roadhouse. Our waiter Ryan was very personable and even though Happy Hour was over he told us his girlfriend was the bartender and as long as we were there it was Happy Hour. Then he brought me a beer and said I was so nice it was free. I then met Jeremy the manager and put in a good word for Ryan who it turned out was an aspiring musician. Boy did I tip Ryan good. We only drove about 2 hours Friday before arriving at Mary Ann Mom's house in Nashville at noon. Today we have had a relaxing day and are going to a movie this afternoon with some of Mary Ann's family before we get on the road tomorrow. Also I found out that Donna found the note I left in the gas cap. I had taped a note with $20 saying to take her and Cindi to lunch. That was fun. I will sign off until later

1 comment:

Leckerken said...

Glad you made it - How does the beer taste when yoou retired???